It’s no fun going through life with damaged and missing teeth. That’s why Prosthetic Dentistry of Tumwater offers so many types of dental repair. As one of our premier restorative services, Tumwater dental implants offer you several benefits, including:Doctor Rick Jude on dental implants Read Transcript
Traditionally, the only thing we had to replace teeth with was either a bridge, where you cut down two of the adjacent teeth and make a prosthesis that replaces the missing tooth by capping the two adjacent teeth. The other option was a partial that comes in and out at night. Many people are not happy taking their teeth out before they go to bed. You have to take them out. If they come out, they have to come out at night.
The nice thing about dental implants is after they're placed, it's almost like having the natural tooth back. It helps preserve the bone in the jaw. It functions almost exactly like a natural tooth. Notice I said “almost.” It's not a natural tooth.
A dental implant is an artificial root. On that artificial root, we can build a tooth that's visually almost indistinguishable from a natural tooth. There are challenging situations. That's what I'm here for.
- A beautiful, complete smile you’ll want to show everyone
- Easier eating and more enjoyable mealtimes
- Improved oral health and potentially better overall health
- A younger, more robust appearance
- Better digestion through more complete chewing
- More respect in your professional life
- Less chance of developing a “sunken-face” look
Revive Your Smile With Teeth Implants
Dental implants are prosthetic tooth roots that an oral surgeon can place in your jaw. Not only do implants provide a fantastic base for dental restorations, they will also stimulate your jawbone to keep it healthy and strong. With implants, you can avoid changes in your facial structure that are common when you’ve had missing teeth for a while.
If you don’t have an oral surgeon, don’t worry. We work closely with a network of trusted specialists, and we’ll be happy to facilitate your implant procedure. Depending on your situation and the type of implants used, your jaw may require a period of healing before new replacement teeth can be attached. Once your jaw is ready to receive your new teeth, your restoration options may include:
- Implant-Supported Crowns – Our professional lab partner creates beautiful, lifelike crowns that will blend in naturally with your other teeth and restore your ability to bite and chew.
- Implant-Supported Bridges – This bridge will anchor to two or more teeth implants and span the gap left by missing teeth. Bridges are great for replacing several missing teeth in a row.
- Implant-Retained Dentures – These dentures are held firmly in place using a snap-and-ball system. You won’t have to worry about them slipping out of place like conventional dentures can.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – Your new dentures will attach to a bar that is anchored to a series of implants. This setup makes them the most comfortable and stable type of dentures.
- All-on-4® Implants – Your oral surgeon will place four implants per arch, to which we can anchor a complete set of beautiful and functional fixed teeth.
- All-on-6 Implants – Similar to an All-on-4® procedure, this treatment uses six implants per arch for added stability.
- Full-Mouth Reconstruction – We can design a custom implant treatment plan to give you back all your teeth. You’ll smile with more confidence and have the ability to eat whatever you want again.
Tumwater dental implants can give you a new lease on life! Call us today at 360-229-5861 to schedule an appointment.