Visit the team at Prosthetic Dentistry of Olympia for Olympia restorative dentistry, and you can expect:Doctor Rick Jude on an overview of restorative dentistry Read Transcript
When it comes to missing teeth, there are so many options these days for replacing them. As always, we have the option of a removable prosthesis like a partial denture, or a complete denture, and we almost always have the option of a dental implant for support and retention of missing teeth, or of replacement teeth. Everybody is presented with those options. The big difference is financial in each of those, so we try to make it fit the patient, not the other way around.
Missing teeth can lead to a lot of problems. The old way to look at it was that it's like a stack of dominoes piled up on a table, you know, one after the other, and if you miss one tooth, it affects everything else in your mouth. Our teeth are not in concrete, they're in living bone. The roots of the teeth are sitting in living bone, so when you lose a tooth, the other teeth begin shifting. Now, that shifting may not happen immediately, it may take years, but over time, the other teeth will shift, and if you let that go too long, fixing it becomes really expensive. So, the smart thing to do is replace almost every tooth that has been removed. That's just a smart way to keep things functional, healthy, and to keep you healthy.
- The ability to eat more types of foods, including chewy or crunchy foods you’ve avoided
- A beautiful new smile you can take pride in wherever you go
- Improved oral health and potentially better overall health
- Greater self-confidence to speak up in public
- A younger, healthier, more vibrant appearance
- Romantic moments that are more relaxed and carefree
- Comfortable social and professional interactions without having to hide your smile
Call Dr. Rick Jude and his team today: 360-229-5861. We’ll get your smile back to its former glory!
Our Team Can Transform Your Smile & Your Bite
Dr. Jude’s 30-year career has focused on prosthodontics, the branch of dentistry that deals with restoring teeth and replacing missing teeth. Over that time, he has helped countless patients smile easier and eat a wider variety of delicious foods again. Rebuilding patients’ smiles is what we specialize in! So, it’s no wonder we offer so many types of restorative dentistry to do just that. Below are a few of our services that can rebuild your smile and make it possible for you to eat whatever you want:
- Dental Implants – Implants are prosthetic tooth roots that form the building blocks for many types of dental restorations. They are embedded in your jawbone and will actually stimulate the bone to keep it healthy.
- Dentures – We offer several kinds of dentures – conventional full and partial dentures, as well as implant-retained and implant-supported dentures. All our dentures are designed to fit comfortably and hold up to top standards for many years.
- Dental Crowns – Crowns can be used to cap a damaged or diseased tooth or, when used with a dental implant, to replace one or more missing teeth. Our crowns are crafted by our lab partner using advanced CAD/CAM technology.
- Dental Bridges – These appliances literally bridge the gap created by missing teeth, filling in your smile and making eating much easier. We can anchor them either to your other teeth or to dental implants.
- All-on-4® Implants – Your oral surgeon will insert four implants into your jaw, then we can attach a beautiful set of fixed teeth to them. They will look lifelike and function just like your natural teeth.
- All-on-6 Implants – This procedure is similar to All-on-4®, except that six implants per arch are used.
- Tooth Fillings – Dr. Jude uses only metal-free composite resin fillings, meaning that your tooth repair will blend in seamlessly with your other teeth and won’t stand out when you smile.
- Inlays & Onlays – These midlevel restorations can repair tooth damage when a standard filling won’t work, but the repair doesn’t require a complete crown.
- Full-Mouth Reconstruction – Using his three decades of experience in dental restoration, Dr. Jude can rebuild your smile, giving you back full arches of natural-looking, fully functional teeth.