Nobody likes dealing with failing and missing teeth. Dr. Jude and the team at Prosthetic Dentistry of Olympia use Olympia dental crowns and bridges to repair our patients’ smiles. Our expert care offers you:Doctor Rick Jude on dental crowns Read Transcript
A dental crown is indicated, is called for when the decay in a tooth or trauma to a tooth has damaged it to the point that a filling material just isn't strong enough. The thing that people don't often realize is just how much force we generate with our bite. It's between 250 to 500 pounds per square inch, and I've heard different estimates that go higher than that.
A filling material is really good for replacing a small part of the tooth that's damaged. Once the damage or decay is larger than that, often we need a dental crown to restore that tooth to function, appearance, to its job of maintaining the space in the mouth.
Now there are some new technologies out there to place a crown in the same day. That's not something I'm going to do here because it's still a better outcome when the artist makes the crown rather than having it milled quickly in-office. So, what's important to me is to do it really well, often as many times as possible the first time.
- Confidence to mingle, socialize, and meet new people
- Improved oral health and overall health
- A better sense of self-worth
- A younger, more vibrant appearance
- The ability to eat more types of delicious foods
It’s time to get started on your new smile! Call Prosthetic Dentistry of Olympia today at 360-229-5861 to schedule your appointment.
Smile Confidently & Eat With Gusto
No matter what kind of tooth repair or replacement you need, Prosthetic Dentistry of Olympia has a solution. Dr. Jude is highly trained in prosthodontics, the branch of dentistry that focuses on teeth replacement. With his skills and experience and the versatility of crowns and bridges, our patients can enjoy complete, healthy smiles again.
Our lab partner will use CAD/CAM technology to create your new restoration from zirconia or porcelain. Below are a few options we may use for repairing your smile:
- Single Crowns For Repair – One of our crowns can cap a damaged tooth to strengthen and repair it, restoring virtually all your biting and chewing power.
- Conventional Bridges – These appliances are used to replace one or more missing teeth, anchoring on either end to your other teeth. They will help you eat and smile with ease again.
- Implant Crowns – We can place a beautiful new crown on your implant to replace a missing tooth. It will blend in naturally with your other teeth and restore your chewing capacity.
- Implant Bridges – Rather than anchoring to your other teeth, we’ll use two or more implants to secure this type of bridge.
- Inlays & Onlays – Sometimes called partial crowns, these custom restorations provide a mid-range repair between a standard filling and a complete crown.
Dental crowns and bridges in Olympia can give you back a beautiful smile and strong bite. Call our team today to schedule your appointment: 360-229-5861.