Modern dentures are a far cry from the “false teeth” of yesteryear. Due to advances in materials and manufacturing, they are more comfortable than ever. As one of our premier restorative dentistry services, Tumwater dentures from Dr. Rick Jude offer you:Doctor Rick Jude on dentures Read Transcript
In today's world, when you're missing teeth, it's a very debilitating problem, especially if you're missing all of your teeth. We put so much emphasis on aesthetics, on that beautiful smile, that if that's your problem, that you're missing your teeth, it makes it hard to enjoy life from that point onward.
Now, what we've discovered over the last hundreds of years is that a denture, a conventional complete denture, can restore about 10-20 percent of the initial function, of the function that you would have with natural teeth. We've learned that if you can keep some teeth to clasp onto with a partial denture, your function goes way up.
We've learned that if we can put artificial tooth roots into your jawbone called dental implants and use those to stabilize a denture, your function can go as high as 90 percent of people with natural teeth. That's a huge difference. Having teeth in your mouth that are either screwed to dental implants and that you can't take out changes the world of many people.
It brings back confidence. It brings back health, because you can eat foods that you can't eat as well with a complete denture. It increases your physical health. It increases your psychological health, and it increases your life sociologically. You're able to participate again.
- The ability to eat delicious, nutritious, and hearty foods again
- A complete, healthy smile you’ll feel good about
- More confidence in social and business settings
- More respect in your professional life
- Mealtimes that are relaxed and enjoyable
- Better oral health and potentially better overall health
- Easier, plainer speech so you’re understood the first time
Begin experiencing all the benefits of dentures. Call Prosthetic Dentistry of Tumwater today at 360-229-5861 to schedule your appointment. You’ll find our friendly team at 344 Cleveland Ave. SE, Suite H in Tumwater. We’re conveniently located for residents in and around these ZIP codes: 98501, 98530, 98531, 98576, and 98579.
Restore Your Teeth With Custom Dentures
New dentures are a fantastic way to restore the full beauty and function of your mouth. Our dentures are all custom-made to exact specifications, ensuring that they will fit perfectly, feel comfortable, and give you great performance over their lifetime.
When you visit us for your initial consultation, Dr. Jude will go over your dentures choices in detail and help you decide which ones will work best for your situation and smile goals. Below are some of the dentures options you may have for rebuilding your smile:
- Conventional full dentures – This is the style of dentures that most people think of when artificial teeth come to mind. They will be constructed of acrylic or porcelain and rest on your gums, staying in place using suction or denture adhesive. They can be removed easily for daily cleaning.
- Conventional partial dentures – These teeth are similar to full dentures but are used when a patient has some healthy teeth remaining. Your custom dentures will be secured to a metal frame that will attach to your other teeth with a clasp or other type of fastener.
- Implant-retained dentures – These replacement teeth are a notch above conventional dentures because they attach to dental implants using a system of snaps and balls. This setup is more comfortable and stable than relying on suction and adhesives, and it helps your teeth stay firmly in place when eating, talking, and laughing.
- Implant-supported dentures – These top-performing teeth are our most comfortable style of dentures. They anchor in place using a sturdy bar that is secured to a set of dental implants. The bar transfers the forces of biting and chewing directly to your jawbone, just like your natural teeth do. Plus, like implant-retained dentures, the implants will help keep your underlying bone healthy and strong.
Tumwater dentures will give you back a full smile again! Call Prosthetic Dentistry of Tumwater today at 360-229-5861 to set up an appointment to get started on your new teeth.